Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export a model from Comsol to Autocad

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have a problem, I'm trying to design a multijet reactor with comsol 3.5a. But I want to change the geometries of the multijet reactor that appear in the program. It is possible to scale it in comsol??

I also need the drawings of the reactor so I wanted to export it to autacad, is that possible??

If is not possible to scale it in Comsol, maybe i can export it to autocad, change the geometry and then export to comsol.

Can you help me please?

Thanks,

María

2 Replies Last Post Sep 19, 2011, 11:05 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 19, 2011, 9:29 a.m. EDT
Hi Maria

you have a "scale" function for your geometry, but I cannot remember now where it was placed in 3.5a, now I do not believe you can export a geometry, apart in COMSOL format that cannot be read by other CAD programmes

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Maria you have a "scale" function for your geometry, but I cannot remember now where it was placed in 3.5a, now I do not believe you can export a geometry, apart in COMSOL format that cannot be read by other CAD programmes -- Good luck Ivar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 19, 2011, 11:05 a.m. EDT
In version 4.2, if you have the CAD Import Module you can export a Parasolid file. I don't believe that feature existed at v3.5a.
In version 4.2, if you have the CAD Import Module you can export a Parasolid file. I don't believe that feature existed at v3.5a.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.