Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MESH

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Suppose in my model i have two geometry say a cylinder inside a block. so if i want to apply different mesh to them say finer to cylinder and coarse to block..how should i do???

2 Replies Last Post Sep 19, 2011, 9:50 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 19, 2011, 5:40 a.m. EDT
Hi

add a mesh node (with a right click + select), then select the finer domain, add a size sub-node on the same domain, and leave the second "default" mesh node for the remaining domains

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi add a mesh node (with a right click + select), then select the finer domain, add a size sub-node on the same domain, and leave the second "default" mesh node for the remaining domains -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 19, 2011, 9:50 a.m. EDT
hi ,
ivar

thanku.... it actually worked and today after so much of struggle i got my output
hi , ivar thanku.... it actually worked and today after so much of struggle i got my output

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.