Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help! Getting stress out of an AC/DC Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I am working on a model of a cylindrical conductive coil, modeled as an axisymmetric 2D model. It has a current run through it that generates a magnetic field and puts a load on the coil. I found a very useful example in the help files of how to generate the field and to find forces in the coil, using three coupled multiphysics: parametized geometry (pg), sensitivity analysis (sa), and azimuthal induction currents (emqa). However, the problem is that I want to find what the stresses are in the coil due to this loading. I am under the impression it would involve coupling a stress-strain multiphysics to it, but every attempt I have made so far brings up an error and will not run. I have attached a file with the geometry simplified with only 4 turns and no insulation instead of the complete 16 turn coil. Any help getting stress out of this model would be greatly appreciated! I do not think this would be a very hard problem, but for some reason (probably because I am a very new FEA user) I cannot get it. Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 16, 2009, 9:53 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chance Donahue

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.