Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Circular Dependancy / Goal Seek

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I want to create a circular dependancy in a model but this results in an error when attempting to solve.

I am investigating mutual inductance and need to consider an open circuit case for my receive coil. For a 2D axisymmetric case, it is suggested in this COMSOL paper that you reduce the current in the receive coil to 0 by means of an equal and opposite external current.

"www.comsol.asia/conference2009/europe/downloadpaper/id/3094/"

However, calculating the cancelling current requires an iterative process as reducing the current in the receive coil increases the current in the transmit coil.

How can i get COMSOL to essentailly goal seek in this sort of manner and find the value of cancelling current required for a net current of 0?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Dave.

0 Replies Last Post Dec 16, 2009, 9:49 a.m. EST
COMSOL Moderator

Hello David Graham

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.