Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol with Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi evrybody!
I have such a problem: suppose it's common problem, when I export project as fem structure from Comsol to Matlab and trying to write some script in which I vary programmatically draw properties, I can't do this. the result the same. and even I've changed draw property - nothing changes in a solution!

for exemple I set new properties in 5th objects fem.draw.s.objs{1,5}=ellip2(0.1,0.3,'base','center','pos',[0,0]);

I tried another way: when I save project from Comsol as m.file -
% Geometry

g9=flbinary('g9','draw',flbinaryfile);
draw.s.objs = {g1,g17,g2,g8,g9};
draw.s.name = {'CO2','E1','R1','R2','R3'};
draw.s.tags = {'g1','g17','g2','g8','g9'};
I think nothing has been changed because draw properties have saved in some file, maybe

here we see g9=flbinary('g9','draw',flbinaryfile); what's the "flbinaryfile"? where it has been written?
and the main question does exist easier way to change draw properties then re-write whole script?

1 Reply Last Post Jun 1, 2011, 8:15 a.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Jun 1, 2011, 8:15 a.m. EDT
Hi

in v3.5 when you "reset" your file and you had a rather "complex" geometrical model, COMSOL by default saved it into a binary mphbin file (it's written higher up in the .m file somewhere). This is indeed rather annoying, as I cannot remember how (or even if possible) to modify the content of the binary file afterwards.
But you can easily reload the file and the geometry that way

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in v3.5 when you "reset" your file and you had a rather "complex" geometrical model, COMSOL by default saved it into a binary mphbin file (it's written higher up in the .m file somewhere). This is indeed rather annoying, as I cannot remember how (or even if possible) to modify the content of the binary file afterwards. But you can easily reload the file and the geometry that way -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.