Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nonlinear solver did not converge.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to use the Particle Tracing for Fluid Flow. However, I keep getting an error saying the nonlinear solver did not converge, last time step did not converge. I've looked to make sure all of the boundary and initial conditions are defined but am still gettting the error for time dependent studies. What parameters need to be altered so the solution converges?

For another part of the simulation, I need to mix two substances together. Each substance would come from a different inlet, and the sample would leave as a mixture. What would be the best physics module to use?

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post May 18, 2018, 1:56 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alexa M

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.