Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

basalt melting in a Microwave cavity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I am trying to simulate a 3Dsimulation of melting a 30x30x30mm^3 basalt rock in a TE mode microve cavity. Using multiphysics of RF microwave and Heat transfer in solids. I am taking in to consideration convective heat transfer and radiation from the borders of the rock to the air in the cavity. I want to consider the melting of the material so i tryed two ways. * First i defined peicewzie properties for the basalt parameters. before melting temperature and after. I enqaunterd two problems. The first was a convergion problem, when the temperature reaches the melting temperature i see in the segragated solver that the error reaches infinit values, the second is that in the results i see very high temperatures. * I simulated phase change, using another material for the temperature above melting temperature defining a peicewize propetry for each material. The simulation chonverges but the results are not physical. I have tryed to find answers in the forum but didnt see a referense for a 3D simulation. I am strugelling with this problem for several months now. can someone please help me i would very appreciate it. yoav

3 Replies Last Post Jan 27, 2018, 1:54 p.m. EST

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 26, 2018, 12:08 p.m. EST

Hi yoav shoshani To avoid unreasonable temperature use fitting in sharp corner.

Hi yoav shoshani To avoid unreasonable temperature use fitting in sharp corner.

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 26, 2018, 1:13 p.m. EST

I mean fillet

I mean fillet

Posted: 6 years ago Jan 27, 2018, 1:54 p.m. EST

Thank you Mamad I have used filleting in my simluation. any other ideas?

Yoav

Thank you Mamad I have used filleting in my simluation. any other ideas? Yoav

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.