Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

FSI rotating mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to simulate a rotating object inclined in a laminar flow with the FSI physics. I managed to rotate an object with a body load, but it causes a lot of remeshing.

The rotating machinery physics deals with this problem by using a rotating mesh and a flow continuity boundary condition between the stationary and the rotating domain. I tried the same in the FSI physics but the continuity boundary condition produces "failed to evaluate... k_stress_tensor_testYX ".

Thanks for your help!
Moritz

2 Replies Last Post Dec 6, 2016, 1:00 p.m. EST
Zoran Vidakovic, COMSOL COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago Dec 2, 2013, 8:25 a.m. EST
Dear Moritz

Have a look at attached animation. It seems to be similar to your model.
For further information please contact your support representative: www.ch.comsol.com/support

Best regards,
Zoran
Dear Moritz Have a look at attached animation. It seems to be similar to your model. For further information please contact your support representative: http://www.ch.comsol.com/support Best regards, Zoran

Posted: 7 years ago Dec 6, 2016, 1:00 p.m. EST
hi
i need to measure Cdamping for my latter works.im using comsol 5.1 software too. I want to use FSI interface that is used to model a material of arbitrary shape in a flow. i have some problems in this.i get an error in 3D designing: Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian.

would you mind helping us more about this problem?
hi i need to measure Cdamping for my latter works.im using comsol 5.1 software too. I want to use FSI interface that is used to model a material of arbitrary shape in a flow. i have some problems in this.i get an error in 3D designing: Failed to evaluate operator Jacobian. would you mind helping us more about this problem?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.