Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extrapolating BH curve & Relative permeability

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

The BH curve from experimental data is normally in the first quadrant.

When I extrapolate using the given methods, the extrapolated BH curve in the 3rd quadrant is unrealistic and am concerned about the -ve values for both H and B.

Am thinking of manually mirroring the data along y = x, i.e. by multiplying with a -1 for the both quantities and then load the data in Comsol, because am not sure what Comsol does with negative B-H quantities.

To set relative permeability, I copied the expression for normB and normH under the property group of BH curve, i.e.

1/mu0_const * BH(normH[m/A])[T] / sqrt(H1^2+H2^2+H3^2)

In addition I disabled the HB curve, to ensure that its only the BH curve that is active during simulations.

I just want to confirm whether I have done the right thing.

Regards
Wanjiku

1 Reply Last Post Sep 19, 2013, 9:27 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello John Wanjiku

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 19, 2013, 9:27 a.m. EDT
Did anyone answer this question?
Did anyone answer this question?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.