Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can anyone please help to write the above equation

Y=X0*(1+sin*(w*t))

where

w=2*pi*f (rad/s), t=argument(s)

I have tried with analytical function after defining w in variables and all other constants in parameters.

when I tried to plot it shows following errors:

syntax error in expression
Expression: ()[1/s]
Sub Expression: ()[1/s]
Position 1

rgds

Anup

3 Replies Last Post Jan 5, 2013, 9:28 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 5, 2013, 6:23 a.m. EST
Y=X0*(1+sin*(w*t))

try following
Y=X0*(1+sin(w*t))
Y=X0*(1+sin*(w*t)) try following Y=X0*(1+sin(w*t))

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 5, 2013, 6:26 a.m. EST
Hi PT

same problem!!!!

rgds

Anup
Hi PT same problem!!!! rgds Anup

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Jan 5, 2013, 9:28 a.m. EST
Hi

could it be a naming conflict ?
In which physics are you working ?

COMSOL uses many internal variables, that you are often allowed to reuse but then you change the behaviour of your physics.

most single letter names are usedwitrh special menaings i.e. solid displacements such as r,s,t, u,v,w, x,y,z, ...
also in upper cases i.e. "Solid" R,X,Y,Z to differentiate the Frames ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi could it be a naming conflict ? In which physics are you working ? COMSOL uses many internal variables, that you are often allowed to reuse but then you change the behaviour of your physics. most single letter names are usedwitrh special menaings i.e. solid displacements such as r,s,t, u,v,w, x,y,z, ... also in upper cases i.e. "Solid" R,X,Y,Z to differentiate the Frames ... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.