Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to get the .dat files for chemkin.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I have gone through one model which uses Chemical reaction Engineering Module. in that we used to upload files grimech_30 and thermo30 files in .dat format. they are of detailed chemical reactions of methane in CHEMKIN readable mode. My question is I wana work with ETHANE of n-HEPTANE where can i get the .dat fles?

I have seen the datailed chemical mechanism of n-heptane in www-pls.llnl.gov/?url=science_and_technology-chemistry-combustion-nc7h16 website but how to get them in .dat fromat is the problem... pease help in this regard.

4 Replies Last Post Mar 31, 2016, 3:38 p.m. EDT

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 7, 2012, 2:10 p.m. EDT
Hi,

Those files in website are CHEMKIN readable mode, but filename extension is .txt. Save files and change this to .dat.

Best regards

Tero
Hi, Those files in website are CHEMKIN readable mode, but filename extension is .txt. Save files and change this to .dat. Best regards Tero

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 8, 2012, 5:08 a.m. EDT
Thanks for The reply SIr,

Will you please tell me how to change the .txt files to CHEMKIN.
Thanks for The reply SIr, Will you please tell me how to change the .txt files to CHEMKIN.

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 8, 2012, 5:43 a.m. EDT
I got the solution to convert .txt files to .dat files thanks.
I got the solution to convert .txt files to .dat files thanks.

Posted: 8 years ago Mar 31, 2016, 3:38 p.m. EDT
how you convert that?thanks
how you convert that?thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.