Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plot 1D issue

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi. I come from 3.3, now I upgrade at 4.3 and I have a problem with new graphics and organitazion.
In particular, now I have a issue with 1D plot.
I have a square, inside this there are a variable magnetic field. I want to plot the module of MF component x (mef.Hx) in function of x, for acostant y. If I click in 1D plot->>global->y axis I add mf.Hx and x axis I add x (in meter, the x of geometric square) the plot return me an error "error in the evalutation of expression". I think this is for there are another variable (y of the square).
Can you help me? Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post Sep 29, 2012, 1:08 p.m. EDT
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 28, 2012, 2:54 p.m. EDT
Hi

some of the new tricks in V4 is to make derived "Data Set"s, right click the Data Set node and add a "2D cut line", define the height and direction therein, then go to your" line plot" node, and refer it to the cut line (you can add several lines witha "range" or a set of positions, just ote the sign and arrow direction (if you se nothing, try to invert all signes of the offset for the multilines)

Do not forget the numerous short videos on the main we site, they give a nice quick intro, there are a few about postprocessing too ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi some of the new tricks in V4 is to make derived "Data Set"s, right click the Data Set node and add a "2D cut line", define the height and direction therein, then go to your" line plot" node, and refer it to the cut line (you can add several lines witha "range" or a set of positions, just ote the sign and arrow direction (if you se nothing, try to invert all signes of the offset for the multilines) Do not forget the numerous short videos on the main we site, they give a nice quick intro, there are a few about postprocessing too ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago Sep 29, 2012, 1:08 p.m. EDT
thank you now work
thank you now work

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.