Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Streamline along a line or plane

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a 3D model of a system of permanent magnets and am trying to obtain a streamline of magnetic flux density along specific planes in my model.

In the settings for a streamline plot there is an option for positioning the streamline along a plane but the drop down menu provides no options for selecting / defining a specific plane. Is there a way for me to define my streamline for a specific plane?

Thanks for your help!

Ben

2 Replies Last Post Jul 26, 2013, 4:01 p.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Benjamin Rardin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 26, 2013, 3:31 p.m. EDT
Bump.

Any solution? Possibly you could define a work plane, and then under "Streamline Positioning" --> "Positioning" choose "Selected Boundaries", where you can isolate the workplane...

I do not want to re-run my simulaiton to try it at this point. Can anyone test?

-Bryan
Bump. Any solution? Possibly you could define a work plane, and then under "Streamline Positioning" --> "Positioning" choose "Selected Boundaries", where you can isolate the workplane... I do not want to re-run my simulaiton to try it at this point. Can anyone test? -Bryan

Posted: 1 decade ago Jul 26, 2013, 4:01 p.m. EDT
Ah! I think I have it!

Use a "start point controlled" positioning, and identify a range in a given plane. Then under Expression, you should zero out the out-of-plane component.

Using this way, I was able to isolate current densities superimposed on the two separate planes of my multislice surface plot.

-Bryan
Ah! I think I have it! Use a "start point controlled" positioning, and identify a range in a given plane. Then under Expression, you should zero out the out-of-plane component. Using this way, I was able to isolate current densities superimposed on the two separate planes of my multislice surface plot. -Bryan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.