Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Turbulence Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

First off thanks for looking at my question and any feedback you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to run some CFD modelling in turbulence model and want to know the Reynold number in it. Can COMSOL tell me the Reynold Number after calculating it?

FYI I'm a novice at both COMSOL and fluid dynamics.

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply Last Post Jan 28, 2021, 9:45 p.m. EST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago Jan 28, 2021, 9:45 p.m. EST

Please note, the Reynold number of a certain fluid flow can be found at some reference books in the field of fluid mechanism or you can simply search on the Internet. And Reynold number is not calculated by runing COMSOL software, therefore, it can't tell you.

**Please note**, the Reynold number of a certain fluid flow can be found at some reference books in the field of fluid mechanism or you can simply search on the Internet. And Reynold number is not calculated by runing COMSOL software, therefore, it can't tell you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.