Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can i calculate purcell factor?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello~!

I'm trying to make a structure in wave optics module to handle SE Enhancement.

So, I need to calculate the Purcell factor()

There is no problem to get the Q factor, but I am not sure how to obtain the Purcell factor or mode volume.

How can I get Purcell Factor or mode volume directly in the comsol?

2 Replies Last Post Nov 20, 2020, 11:46 p.m. EST

Posted: 3 years ago Nov 19, 2020, 10:12 p.m. EST

what the point??

what the point??

Posted: 3 years ago Nov 20, 2020, 11:46 p.m. EST

I want to know how to get Purcell factor, which is the formula written above, on comsol.

But i think that it can't seem to be get directly(like ewfd.Qfactor in global evaluation).

So, I asked how to get the mode volume value (V in the equation) or how to construct a Study and Physics to calculate the Purcell factor in Comsol.

I want to know how to get Purcell factor, which is the formula written above, on comsol. But i think that it can't seem to be get directly(like ewfd.Qfactor in global evaluation). So, I asked how to get the mode volume value (V in the equation) or how to construct a Study and Physics to calculate the Purcell factor in Comsol.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.