Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Duplicate parameter/variable name in piezoelectric material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to simulate the piezoelectric activity of a disc subject to side forces, in a dynamic problem. My starting point is a 2D simulation adapted from COMSOL library: the transient roling contact. I added piezoelectric physics and changed the ring to a disc.

The solution does not run and gives the above error for the parameter comp1.V

I'm not sure which parts of the model affect it and how to change properly.

Best, Yonatan

2 Replies Last Post May 6, 2020, 6:54 a.m. EDT
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 4 years ago May 5, 2020, 4:25 p.m. EDT

You have a degree of freedom (the potential) called 'V' and also a user defined variable (under Definitions called V. Hence the conflict.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
You have a degree of freedom (the potential) called 'V' and also a user defined variable (under Definitions called V. Hence the conflict.

Posted: 4 years ago May 6, 2020, 6:54 a.m. EDT

Thank you Henrik,

Although after correction it encounters another error - I'll post to support.

Thank you Henrik, Although after correction it encounters another error - I'll post to support.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.