Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

E-plane bending and H-plane bending

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I want to bend microstrip patch antenna in 3D to make it a curved patch antenna. How can i do it.

1 Reply Last Post Feb 12, 2020, 7:51 p.m. EST
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago Feb 12, 2020, 7:51 p.m. EST
Updated: 4 years ago Feb 12, 2020, 7:51 p.m. EST

Use the drawing & geometry tools included in Comsol Multiphysics to create the geometry you need! See the various included tutorials for examples. Work through some of them methodically, step by step. After a while, the user interface should make sense to you and you will become good (or good enough!) at using it. Alternatively, you can build geometries in other CAD or engineering software packages and import them into Comsol. Also, I understand that Comsol also offers various short-courses in using the software, although I've never taken any of them, so I can't speak for how effective they are. It's worth putting in the effort required to learn how to use this powerful sofware tool. Have confidence in yourself and get started on it! Good luck, and best regards.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Use the drawing & geometry tools included in Comsol Multiphysics to create the geometry you need! See the various included tutorials for examples. Work through some of them methodically, step by step. After a while, the user interface should make sense to you and you will become good (or good enough!) at using it. Alternatively, you can build geometries in other CAD or engineering software packages and import them into Comsol. Also, I understand that Comsol also offers various short-courses in using the software, although I've never taken any of them, so I can't speak for how effective they are. It's worth putting in the effort required to learn how to use this powerful sofware tool. Have confidence in yourself and get started on it! Good luck, and best regards.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.