Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error message when downloading

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Does anyone know what is going wrong? I've downloaded the license file, but when i want to install COMSOL it give this error message:

License file does not support this version. Feature: SERIAL Application version > License version: 5.4 > 5.31 License path: C:\Users\gijsd\AppData\Local\Temp\cscomsol29022\comsol1772387871781212321.dat; FlexNet Licensing error:-21,126

Can anyone help me...

1 Reply Last Post Oct 11, 2018, 10:07 a.m. EDT
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago Oct 11, 2018, 10:07 a.m. EDT
Updated: 5 years ago Oct 11, 2018, 3:15 p.m. EDT

Hi Gijs,

The error message is indicating that you have downloaded (the very recently released) version 5.4, but that the license.dat (or trial passcode) that you fed the installer is for version 5.3a.

If you are trying to install version 5.3a, then you will need to go back to the download page and make sure you download 5.3a. The default is 5.4.

If you are trying to install version 5.4, then make sure to provide a version 5.4 license.dat file (or trial passcode) in the installer. To obtain that, connect with your COMSOL representative (https://www.comsol.com/contact ).

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Gijs, The error message is indicating that you have downloaded (the very recently released) version 5.4, but that the license.dat (or trial passcode) that you fed the installer is for version 5.3a. If you are trying to install version 5.3a, then you will need to go back to the download page and make sure you download 5.3a. The default is 5.4. If you are trying to install version 5.4, then make sure to provide a version 5.4 license.dat file (or trial passcode) in the installer. To obtain that, connect with your COMSOL representative (https://www.comsol.com/contact ). Best regards, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.