Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDE in comsol 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i am gettin error in my simulation. it may be because the coefficients of PDE general form that i have taken is wrong. i hav attached my work too. please look into it and let me identify the errors.

as per given info:
four differential eqn :
1). one non linear (pde)

CmVt=(r/2p)Vxx+gNa*m^3*h(VNa-V)+gKn^4(Vk-V)+gL(VL-V)

Please separate the above into conservative flux, source term, damping or mass coefficient, mass coefficient

2).3 linear (ode)

dw/dt=Aw(1-w)-Bw
Aw and Bw are variables.
where w is m,n,h
in which part should i declare these ode's

please check dat the procedures which i hav followed is correct or not.

3) In V 3.5a we hav UMFPACK (direct solver but i could'nt locate it in v 4.0a

1 Reply Last Post Oct 15, 2011, 9:20 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Richa Kumari

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Muhammad Mohsin Rehman

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 15, 2011, 9:20 a.m. EDT
Hi Miss Richa,
Can you please let me know how can I introduce my own PDEs in COMSOL 4.0?
In addition, how can I see the equations being used for any model in COMSOL 4.0?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi Miss Richa, Can you please let me know how can I introduce my own PDEs in COMSOL 4.0? In addition, how can I see the equations being used for any model in COMSOL 4.0? Many thanks in advance.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.