Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving mesh application by using [dx,dy,dz] data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello all,

I am looking for simulate a sheet metal assembly process. Part geometry is updated by using a morphing mesh approach (in the script the mesh2geom function has been adopted). Now, when I try to perform a boolean operation (subtraction for example) between a cylinder and the deformed geometry, comsol fails and returns a geometry decomposition error.

I think that to solve for this kind of problem I must not modify the initial geometry, and a moving mesh (ALE frame) can be used. However, I should drive the moving mesh (ALE) not by using a physic, but by using external data (for example measurement data).
The question is: is it possible to perform an ALE simulation (via scripting) by using any data (in the form [dx,dy,dz] - dx, dy and dz do not match exaclty the mesh domain)?

I hope you can help me!

Thanks for your attention

Regards

Pasquale Franciosa

0 Replies Last Post Jul 7, 2009, 5:35 a.m. EDT
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Pasquale Franciosa

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.