Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

User Suggestions for the COMSOL Community

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

We would like to know your input on any suggestions or features that you would like to see in the COMSOL Community Section. Please reply back to us in this thread with any ideas or features that you feel would help improve your experience on the COMSOL website.
We would like to begin a dialog with you the community members on ways that we can improve this section of the website.

Thank you for your time and support of COMSOL.

Brian Kenyon (Web Program Manager, COMSOL)

4 Replies Last Post Feb 12, 2013, 2:01 a.m. EST

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 5, 2009, 10:55 p.m. EDT
Hello,

As it was pointed out earlier - forum will be more useful if it will be divided into subcategories (by modules).
Hello, As it was pointed out earlier - forum will be more useful if it will be divided into subcategories (by modules).

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago Oct 6, 2009, 1:19 a.m. EDT
Hi

Indeed hat is one way, but I notice that most questions cover several modules, that's also what multi-physics is all about.

I agree that some sorting means is interesting, having the "users" to introduce the module and version as I propose with a [module-abbreviation V3.5a] in the subject line could help, but teaching "users" to follow rules is not an easy task.

Perhaps COMSOL should propose a few drop-down keywords on their forms ?

Hi Indeed hat is one way, but I notice that most questions cover several modules, that's also what multi-physics is all about. I agree that some sorting means is interesting, having the "users" to introduce the module and version as I propose with a [module-abbreviation V3.5a] in the subject line could help, but teaching "users" to follow rules is not an easy task. Perhaps COMSOL should propose a few drop-down keywords on their forms ?

Posted: 1 decade ago Aug 19, 2011, 12:44 p.m. EDT
Hi Yevgeniy,
Have you tried the topic tags? These tags help categorize the Community Forum content.

--
COMSOL - Web Program Manager
www.linkedin.com/in/briankenyon
Hi Yevgeniy, Have you tried the topic tags? These tags help categorize the Community Forum content. -- COMSOL - Web Program Manager http://www.linkedin.com/in/briankenyon

Posted: 1 decade ago Feb 12, 2013, 2:01 a.m. EST
Hello everyone,
I'm working on modal analysis of a simple cantilever beam for my project on MEMS.
Can anyone help me out in knowing how exactly we can do modal analysis of the beam with simulation of ectrostatic actuation voltage?
moreover can anyone explain me how stress analysis of the beam can be done?
Regards!!
Hello everyone, I'm working on modal analysis of a simple cantilever beam for my project on MEMS. Can anyone help me out in knowing how exactly we can do modal analysis of the beam with simulation of ectrostatic actuation voltage? moreover can anyone explain me how stress analysis of the beam can be done? Regards!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.